Welcome to the Aviation Operations During COVID-19 Business Restart and Recovery: Safety and Operations course.
Assuring the safety of airside operations on the entire aircraft movement area is a critical pre-condition for restarting operations and for the build-up of traffic thereafter.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of airside areas has reduced dramatically, creating gaps in the readiness of airside infrastructure, facilities, equipment and systems, which need to be restored to good condition. In addition, the staff providing airside services must be ready to resume operation, and re-trained if necessary.
This course will examine the potential safety implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on airside movement areas, the factors to consider, and the tests and checks required prior to and after recommencing operations.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the potential impacts the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the safety of airside operations of an aircraft movement area.
- Describe the potential safety implications of a long or short-term reduction in use of an aircraft movement area.
- Explain methods for checking and testing equipment, aircraft and aircraft movement areas for damage before and after restarting operations.
- Explain methods for assessing the effects a long or short-term reduction in operations have had on staff.
- Outline the preparations required to reinstate full Rescue and Firefighting Operations after a full or partial shutdown.
- Describe the measures required to reduce the transmission of viruses.
- Outline the additional safety requirements for resumption of services to aircraft movement areas.
Who Should Enrol?
- Safety and operations personnel responsible for planning ongoing operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Safety and operations personnel responsible for planning the re-start and recovery of operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Airport Managers, Supervisors or Personnel with safety and/or operations responsibilities.
The Aviation Operations During COVID-19 Business Restart and Recovery Safety and Operations course includes the following topics:
- Safety Implications with Parked Aircraft
- Recommissioning Aircraft (in partnership with carriers)
- Recommissioning Aprons, Taxiways, Runways, Lighting, Markings, Signs and Facilities
- Bringing back Furloughed Staff
- Human Factors in Airside Safety Management
- Rescue and Firefighting (RFF)
- Aerodrome Inspections
- Protection of Airside Operations Staff
- Ground Handling on Apron Areas
This course includes an integrated online assessment.
Candidates must successfully complete the assessment to receive a Certificate of Completion.