This Airside Safety course is designed to familiarise participants with the unique nature of the Airside, the various roles and responsibilities required to maintain a high level of safety, the major elements of airside safety and some of the common hazards that they may encounter.
On completion of this module participants will be able to:
The course covers the following topics:
Section 1. Airport Familiarisation
– Explain the three main areas of a modern airport and the major components of each
– Understand the different levels of access control applied to various areas of the airport
– Recognise the unique challenges of safety and security when working on the airside
Section 2. Safety Stakeholders, Roles and Responsibilities
– Identify the international, national and local organisations involved in airside safety and describe the various roles and responsibilities of each
– Understand your individual responsibilities in regards to Airside Safety
– Recognise the importance of Airside Security
Section 3. Airside Safety Elements
– Define safety within the context of an aerodrome
– Understand important safety terms
– Define a Safety Management System and how it differs from traditional approaches to safety
– Describe the four key strategies for dealing with safety risks
– Recognise the importance of Safety Reporting
Section 4. Airside Hazard Awareness
– Understand the importance of the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
– Recognise key hazards that you may encounter on the airside and understand the high level guidelines on how to protect yourself and work in a safe manner.
A great refresher for old timers and a superb introduction to new recruits.
Principal Electrical Engineer, Airport Infrastructure
Very informative and thorough course outlining all the required levels of safety for workers in the airside of the airport.
K. M Rahmansha
Senior Support Officer, Airport Operations