Certificate in Airside Operations
Approximately 15 hours
The ACI Certificate in Airside Operations provides participants with a broad understanding of airside operations at an airport. Participants will develop an understanding of the various components of Airside Operations and how these components interact with each other to form an operational system.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the various components of the Airside including Infrastructure, Facilities and People and understand how these components interact to form an operational system.
- Explain why airports need a systematic approach to Safety Management and describe the various elements required to implement an effective safety management system at an airport.
- Explore the various risks and hazard associated with aircraft ground operations at an airport and how they can be effectively managed
- Describe the major aspects of Airport Emergency Management and how airports prepare and respond to airside emergencies.
- Understand the importance of Airport Security Management and describe key airport security measures that are in place to protect the airside.
- Describe the principle environmental impacts associated with airside operations and how these impacts may be successfully managed.
- Describe Airport Council International’s safety performance indicators and how information sharing and industry collaboration is key to furthering safety.
The ACI Certificate in Airside Operations consists of the following seven modules:
Module 1 Airside Infrastructure, Facilities and Personnel
Module 2 Safety Management
Module 3 Airside Operations
Module 4 Emergency Management
Module 5 Airside Security
Module 6 Airside Operations and the Environment
Module 7 Industry Safety Performance Indicators